We regard each child as a unique individual and allow children to explore their environment through challenging play experiences
Mundarda was founded in 1993 on a vision of giving children the best possible start in life through access to quality early learning. We understand the level of trust you place in us when you enrol your child, and we are committed to providing the highest standards of care and education possible, with experienced and qualified educators and using the best high quality facilities.
Mundarda is a place where children feel secure and loved. Where play is a priority, but where play is carefully designed to develop and enhance the children’s physical, social, emotional and cognitive needs.
We understand that each child is unique, each child learns differently at different rates and that a trusting, caring environment fosters learning.
We emphasise on child development through appropriate activities and encourage children to play creatively and are able to choose from a variety of indoor and outdoor activities in a positive, stimulating and safe environment.
Children need to recognise and appreciate the special qualities of all individuals by listening to one another, by helping one another and by learning from one another, so that a true sense of individuals within the community develops. We aim to stimulate your child’s natural curiosity and encourage personal expression so they can develop into confident, caring, happy individuals. The centre is equipped to meet the needs of children in each appropriate age group that encourage children to learn, play and explore.
Mundards Educators are a team of dedicated and caring professionals who are trained in early childhood development. We are dedicated to provide a high quality service within a warm, nurturing, secure, fun environment and we have a strong commitment to meet the needs of children and their families. We provide this quality by ensuring, adequate child to staff ratios, qualified staff, staff continuity and a healthy, clean and safe environment. Your child needs to know you have confidence in us so that we will also have their confidence.
We are fully accredited by the National Childcare Accreditation Council (NCAC) and therefore maintain the High Quality Practices developed by NCAC.
We're for children, not profit
At Mundarda, we’re all about laying the foundation for better lives through great early learning experiences. We’re entirely Australian owned and not-for profit with every dollar we spend directed towards helping children reach their full potential. Everything we do is about contributing to a better outlook for Australia’s children and a happier, more prosperous society.
We make every moment count
Right from birth, children are ready to learn and at Mundarda we employ the most up-to-date thinking in early childhood education to create stimulating, age-appropriate learning environments that give children a secure base and the confidence to explore.
We take safety seriously
Yes, we offer plenty of opportunities to get messy, explore, and try new things. We also follow strict health and safety guidelines, keep our first-aid qualifications current and ensure our comprehensive child safety policies and procedures are followed at all times.
Large Play Areas
Our centre is fortunate to have three large outdoor play areas which are all shaded by trees and additional shade cloth. Inside there are numerous toys, games and books to keep the children learning via play.
Children with additional needs are welcome at our centre.
- Value each child as a unique individual.
- We support each child through their journey of “Being, Belonging and Becoming”
- Allow each child the opportunity to develop a sense of agency as an individual and in groups.
- Assist children to feel a sense of belonging within their family unit
- Help children feel safe, secure and supported within realistic guidelines and room limits.
- Provide children the freedom to choose appropriate learning experiences.
- Provide children with the opportunity to express, learn, explore, extend and revisit experiences that enables them to become confident learners
- Scaffold each child’s learning through challenging play-based experiences
- Welcome and accept all children, families, members of staff and communities into the Early Childhood setting and use inclusive practices to ensure each person’s wellbeing is supported.
- Embrace all children, families and the community regardless of age, gender, culture, background or ability.
- Develop reciprocal relationships with each child and family member to encourage continuity form home to care.
- Develop partnership with families and the community to encourage their involvement within the childcare setting to share their experiences, talents and be involved with the children.
- Explore the community and have active involvement of the communities through incursions and excursions through planned and spontaneous events within Mundarda curriculums.
- Educators will be professional and dedicated implementing their pedagogies through daily implementation of the Early Years Learning Framework.
- Each staff member’s pedagogy is reflected in the Early Years Learning Framework. We will implement according the the Learning Outcomes and regulations set out in relation to the National Quality Framework provide an early childhood setting that implements best practices.
- Through each curriculum we will encourage family input and communication through the use of family input sheets. Staff will build trusting relationships with the families.
- Provide an early childhood setting that is safe, hygienic, and friendly and stimulating that is inspired by the Reggio-Emilia practices.
- Provide a variety of nutritious, healthy and tasty meals and snacks from different parts of the world.
- Educate the children about the environment and encourage experiences that support sustainable practices and educate the children about being sustainable and caring for the environment.
- Provide a childcare setting that is Sun smart, Water Wise and allergy aware.
- Follow by the Start Right Eat Right guidelines set out by Child Australia and Nutrition Australia